Benefits of Coaching to Attorneys
Coaching for Lawyers can be a powerful ally in maximizing your legal career. Below are a few of the benefits of coaching to attorneys and some practical applications of coaching:
- A silent partner working for your legal career success and personal happiness.
- Someone whose only concern is for you and helping you get what you want. No hidden agendas or conflicting relationship, friendship or law partner issues.
- A sounding board for your ideas.
- Someone to brainstorm with.
- Objective feedback backed by legal experience and coach training. I tell the truth about what I see and hear. If you are on the wrong track I let you know it.
- Support when the going gets tough.
- Someone to share the victories with you.
- Someone to help you create a vision of the future you want and hold the vision for you.
- An accountability partner who holds you to your commitments to yourself. Who keeps you on track to reach your goals.
- A strategist to work with you on the nuts and bolts of your legal career and life plan. To help you decide what to do and when to do it.
- You can make major changes in your law practice, your legal career and your personal life for less than the cost of a part-time law clerk.
1. Practice development:
- Marketing for new clients
- public relations & publicity
- networking & referrals
- developing expertise and credentials
- finding a practice niche
- building client relationships
2. Career planning:
- legal job search and campaign
- long range career goals
3. Career change:
- determining whether the law is the right career for you
- exploring career options using your legal training and skills
- transitioning out of the legal profession
- assessment testing
- finding the right fit
- time management
- delegation skills
- streamlining systems and procedures
- coping with it all and remaining sane
6. Interpersonal skills:
- working more effectively with clients, partners, support staff and opposing counsel
- coordinating your professional and personal life
- identifying your core values
- assessing priorities
- allocating time
- being successful and having a life